* 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup shortening, melted
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 (16 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 5 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2 In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted shortening and water to form a crumbly mixture.
3 In a large saucepan, mix together the cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Stir in the apples. Spread into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Crumble the oat mixture over the apples.
4 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Serve warm.