* 5 to 6 Macintosh apples
* Sweet liqueur, such as Frangelico or Amaretto
* 3/4 cup flour
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* 6 tbsp. margarine
* Cornflake crumbs
Yield: 1 9" or 10" round tart pan
* Preheat oven 375°F.
* Core, peel and cut apples into small chunks.
* Toss with cinnamon, sugar and a little liqueur.
* Cook (or microwave) a few minutes until soft (about 6 to 8 minutes in the microwave).
* Drain apples, reserving the liquid.
* Melt margarine.
* Add flour, sugar, and eggs, whisking (or mixing) until smooth batter forms.
* Add reserved liquid from apples to thin batter to desired consistency.
* Fold in apples.
* Turn mixture into greased pan (9" to 10" round tart pan).
* Lightly dust top with cornflake crumbs.
* Bake approximately 40 minutes it will puff up (and then sink when it cools) so be sure not to overfill the pan.