# 1kg (2 lb.) finely sliced apples
# 200g de farine (1-1/2 cups) flour
# 300ml (1-1/4 cups) lukewarm milk
# 250g (1 cup) sugar + 2 tablespoons for the top
# 4 eggs
# 100g (1 cup) ground hazelnuts
# 100g (1 cup) skinless almonds, finely sliced
# 100g (1 cup) raisins, golden or black
# A few drops of vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
# 1 tablespoon cinnamon
# 1 pinch nutmeg or clove
# 1 pinch ginger
# 2 tbsp. rum or brandy; less if you don't like it.
# Juice of two lemons
# Pinch of salt
# Butter flakes
1. Put the sliced apples and the raisins in a bowl, add the lemon juice; set aside.
2. In another large bowl mix well the flour and lukewarm milk.
3. Add the eggs one by one, sugar, vanilla, rum or brandy, spices, salt and the ground hazelnuts. Mix well to make a slightly thick sauce.
4. Drain apples and raisins in a colander and add them in the sauce.
6. Pour the mixture in a baking pan. Sprinkle the sliced almonds, 2 tbsp. sugar and some butter flakes on the top.
7. One hour in a preheated oven 180°C (350°F). Try with a knife.