2 cup garbanzo beans
8 cloves of garlic
Salt and Pepper
Red pepper (powder)
1 tbsp dried corchorus
1 tsp dried mint
3 tbsp oil
1. Wash beans and cover it with water. Leave it over night.
2. Drain beans after leaving it over night and wash it again.
3. In a saucepan, put the beans and cover with water over medium heat.
4. Chop 2 onions and add it over the beans in the saucepan.
5. Add the garlic cloves to the beans and onions and bring to boil then lower the heat. Leave it cook.
6. Don’t stir. Add more water if necessary until beans are well cooked. Take it off the heat and leave it until it cools down a little.
7. Blend the mixture in the blender after it cools a little.
8. Put the mixture in a saucepan and add the dried corchorus and the dried mind and mix well. Add water until it gets the desirable consistency. Don’t make it thick because it will get solid when it cools down.
9. Mince the 3 onions and add salt to it.
10. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions. Stir until onions are reddish.
11. Drain the onions from oil and add half of it to the beans mixture and stir. Leave the rest if the onions to put it on top of the mixture.
12. After the Bissara cools down, you can serve it in plates and sprinkling some of the onions on top.
13. Served with Egyptian Bread.