* 3 large eggs
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 cup cold water
* 1 cup matza meal
* Walnut oil for frying
* Honey or Arrope (recipe below)
* Finely chopped walnuts
1. In a deep mixing bowl, beat the eggs well.
2. Add the salt and cold water, whisking well and thoroughly.
3. Mix in the matza meal. The batter should be like a thin pancake batter.
4. Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a 12-inch skillet.
5. Heat over medium-high heat.
6. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the skillet. It will spread into a little pancake.
7. Repeat until you have four or five pancakes frying.
8. Regulate the heat, adjusting it to prevent burning as the bumuelos cook.
9. Fry 3-4 minutes on each side and drain the bumuelos on paper towels.
10. Serve with honey or arrope poured over the pancakes and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
CHEFS SERVING SUGGESTIONS: with coffee, fresh fruit, or thick Pesach yogurt served on the side.
YIELDS: ~14-16 bumuelos