* 1 tbs. olive oil
* 4 free-range chicken breasts "David Elliot"
* 2 small onions, thinly sliced (check especially well for bug infestation)
* 3 garlic clove, sliced
* 1/2 tsp Saffron
* 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 5.0 oz. chicken stock
* 6.1. oz. blanched almonds
* 6.1 oz. raisins (USA as they are bug-free)
* salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based casserole or flameproof tagine over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 7-10 minutes until evenly browned.
2. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and garlic, and gently fry for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Sprinkle with the saffron, turmeric, cumin, ginger and cinnamon, and cook for a minute or two.
4. Pour in half the stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add the raisins and almonds. Cover again and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add the remaining stock if the mixture gets too dry.
6. Serve with Baruch's Beetroot and Fennel Couscous .
Yield: 4 servings