* 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg white
* 2 1/2 cups scalded milk
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Mix together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir well. Blend in the scalded milk. For more yellow color, add few drops yellow food coloring.
3. Line pie pan with pastry and brush inside bottom and sides of shell with egg white to help prevent a soggy crust. Pour custard mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack.