· 6 ripe large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
· 1 small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
· 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
· 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
· ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
· 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley (check for infestation)
· Freshly ground black pepper (check for infestation)
1. Arrange tomato slices on a serving dish.
2. Top with red onion slices.
3. Drizzle the olive oil, then the balsamic vinegar, over the tomato and onion.
4. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
5. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
6. Then sprinkle feta cheese, olives and fresh parsley over the salad and serve.