· 5 lbs chicken pieces, skinned and washed
· 1 1/4 cup of lemon juice
· 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
· 1/2 cup peanut oil
· 3 onions, sliced (check for infestation)
· 2 sprigs of thyme (check for infestation)
· red pepper, to taste
· 2 cups water
· 4 bay leaves.
1. Mix the lemon juice, the vinegar, half the oil, the onions and pour on
the chicken pieces in a bowl.
2. Marinate overnight, or longer.
3. Remove the chicken and the onions from the marinade.
4. Brown the chicken on both sides.
5. Fry the onions in the remaining oil for a few minutes.
6. Add the marinade, thyme, hot pepper, water and bay leaves.
7. Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
8. Return the chicken to the sauce and cook until done, about half an hour.
1. Place the chicken and the sauce over rice or couscous in a large pot.