2 teaspoons water
1 cup breadcrumbs or matzah meal
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Two 3-pound fryers, cut up
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot water
¼ cup honey
1 cup orange juice
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger or ¾ tsp ground ginger, or to taste.
1. Beat the eggs with 2 tsp water
2. In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the salt and pepper.
3. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and brown the chicken on all sides.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
6. Combine 1 cup hot water with the honey and orange juice. Place the chicken in a casserole and cover with the honey mixture. Add the ginger.
7. Cover and simmer in the oven for 45 minutes, basting occasionally. Serve with rice and a tossed green salad.