* 9 Large Egg Whites
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 9 Large Egg Yolks
* juice of one orange
* zest of one orange (scrub outside of orange real well)
* 1/2 cup potato flour
* 1/2 cup matzo cake meal
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
2. Beat in sugar - set aside.
3. Blend together yolks, juice and zest.
4. Fold yolk mixture into egg whites.
5. Mix together potato flour and matzo cake meal.
6. Fold into batter.
7. Pour into ungreased tube pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until cake springs back to touch.
9. Invert onto wire rack to cool.
10. Before removing cake from pan, run a knife around the sides of the cake.
11. Top with citrus glaze.
* 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
* 1 Tbs. orange zest (scrub outside of orange real well)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 Tbs. margarine KP PARVE
1. Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan.
2. Simmer until the sugar dissolves.
3. Drizzle over cooled sponge cake.