* 1 cup pure maple syrup
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 4 tbsp butter or margarine
* 4 large eggs
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1 9-inch unbaked piecrust or frozen deep-dish piecrust
* 1½ cups pecan halves or large pecan pieces
* 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
* 1 to 2 tbsp bourbon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In 3-quart saucepan, cook maple syrup, granulated sugar, and butter or margarine over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes, stirring.
2. In large bowl, with whisk, beat eggs slightly; slowly whisk in hot syrup mixture. Stir in vanilla.
3. Place unbaked crust on cookie sheet. Place pecans in crust. Pour syrup mixture over pecans.