2 cups rice
3 tbsp olive oil
½ cup vermicelli
Salt and pepper
3 cups chicken broth
Beef and Nuts Mix Ingredients:
1/2 pound cubed beef
1 minced onion
3 tbsp nuts (Almond – hazelnut – raisins)
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Cut beef into small cubes.
2. Peel off the almond after putting it in boiling water for a little bit. Cut it into 4 quarters.
3. Heat the olive oil and add the onions and sauté.
4. Add the beef to the sautéed onion and mix and let it cook for a while. Remove from heat and leave it aside until preparing the rice.
Roz bel khalta Directions:
1. Wash and drain rice.
2. Heat oil and then add the vermicelli and stir until reddish.
3. Add rice to the vermicelli and mix well.
4. Leave a little bit of the beef mix aside and add the rest to the rice mixture and mix well.
5. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper to the rice mixture with beef and wait until it boil and then leave it cook over low heat.
6. When the rice cooks leave it aside until it cools down a little.
7. In a mold put the beef mixture at the bottom then put the rice mixture over it.
8. Flip the mold over on a large serving plate.
9. The meal is ready to be served.