· 1/3 cup Sriracha
· 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
· ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
· 1¼ lb. chicken breasts, cut into large chunks [boneless, skinless]
· 1 egg
· 1 cup bread crumbs
· 1 tsp. kosher salt
· ½ tsp. garlic powder
· 1 Tbs. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl combine sriracha*, rice vinegar and ginger.
3. Stir in chicken pieces and coat completely.
4. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
5. Place onto a baking sheet and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
6. In one bowl beat an egg.
7. In another bowl combine bread crumbs, kosher salt and garlic powder.
8. Remove chicken from marinade
9. Dip into egg and then dredge into bread crumbs.
10. Place breaded chicken on prepared baking sheet.
11. Repeat process until all chicken is coated.
12. Once all chicken is breaded,
13. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
14. Turn on the broiler and broil* for 3 minutes, the bread crumbs will brown slightly.
15. Remove from oven, allowing nuggets to cool slightly.
CHEF’S NOTE: An equally good dip would be sweet and sour sauce. Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Sauce was used to formulate this recipe.
*be careful not to burn the chicken while on broil.