* ²/³ cup parve margarine or butter
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2½-3 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* Dash of Salt
1. Cream the shortening with sugar. Add egg and continue creaming until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla. Stir in the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt until a ball of dough is formed. (A food processor is excellent for this).
3. Chill for 2-3 hours, or overnight
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Taking ¼ of the dough, roll out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of ¹\8 inch. Cut into 2-inch circles. With your finger put water around the rim of the circle. Fill with 1 tsp poppy-seed or nut filling and fold into three-cornered cookies. (Press two sides together, and then fold the third side over and press the ends together.)
6. Bake on a well-greased cookie sheet 10 to 16 minutes, until the tops are golden.