* 1 deep 9-inch pie shell
* ¾ to 1 cup sugar, more or less depending on personal preference for tartness
* ¼ cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tbsp oil or melted unsalted butter or margarine
* ¹/8 tsp salt
* 2 eggs (graded large), separated
* ½ cup (from a 6-ounce can) frozen lemonade concentrate, defrosted
* 1 cup milk (for dairy) or water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prebake the pie shell for 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the sugar, flour, oil or butter or margarine, salt, and egg yolks. Beat in the lemonade concentrate. Add the milk or water, beating slowly.
In a clean bowl with clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the whites into the lemonade mixture. Pour the filling into the prebaked pie shell. Return to the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is firm and golden.